Thursday, March 3, 2011

PARIS FASHION WEEK Fall 2011: Gareth Pugh, Hussein Chalayan, Anne Valerie Hash, Carven, Christophe Lemaire

Limi Feu
Bon Jour! It's been an exciting jam packed week of fashion shows in Paris as the Fall 2011 collections made their debuts on runways around the illuminated city. I am writing from my pink blossom lined private balcony suite at the Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris' 8th arrondissement. Sipping Cafe au Soy while munching on a crusty baguette carefully slathered in fresh strawberry jam and a dot of creamy butter, I find myself looking out on to the bustling Champs-Elysees and I can't help but smile. Why on earth don't I do this more often? ......And then I give thanks to the power of the written word, for aiding and abetting my French connections, a fabulous fictional moment in time. Gaaah! I'm actually in New York, writing from my local coffee-scented haunt. That was fun, and I will definitely do that more often. So without further bêtises let's take a highlighted look at some of the French collections so far:



GARETH PUGH

HUSSEIN CHALAYAN

ANNE VALERIE HASH

CARVEN

CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE

ROCHAS

All images courtesy of WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment