Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hypocrite Me

I regret posting fur and leather looks, it bears heavily on my conscience. Sometimes a nice design will have fur trimmings or a mink stole, like for example, few pieces from Amato Couture were accessorised with fur stoles. Sometimes a neatly crafted leather jacket or pants gets your attention for the workmanship and design. Similarly with boots and handbags, it's hard to resist posting, because the design, quality and craftsmanship is exemplary. Like I did not do a post on this amazingly talented and genius of a designer, Maison Martin Margiela's Fall Winter Paris Couture collection for his all leather looks. As always, the collection was excellent and I had to fight myself from posting it. Animal skins bother me, I am always in a fix, should I include this fur or leather design picture in MY LookBook or not? I fail to be the staunch activist and stick to my guns; of refraining from posting fur or leather looks, for that I feel very hypocritical. I believe that if you really, truly love animals, then you cannot eat meat, wear leather, and ofcourse fur and use any products made from animals parts and so on. My dream for the future is that everything we get is available in faux leather and faux fur and (ahem) world vegetarianism! That's asking for too much right? But one can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment